2013年8月21日星期三

英語口語情景:請求幫忙



Situational Words and Phrases 情景詞彙
1.appreciate v. 感激,欣賞
A: I'd appreciate it if you could loan the fifty.
:若能借給我五十美元,不勝感激。
B: Well, I'd like to say yes, but you know, bucks. I'm broke myself.
:我倒是想借給你,但我自己也是一文不名了。
2.chance n. 機會
A: Is there any chance of having a word with you?
:可以和您談談嗎?
B: Ok, but please make it quick.
:好的,但請長話短說。
3.count on 依靠,依賴
A: Can I count an your help?
:我可以靠你幫忙嗎?
B: Sure.
:當然。
4.favor n. 恩惠
A: Excuse me, sir, but may I ask a favor of you?
:打擾了,先生。您能幫我個忙嗎?
B: Sure, if I can. What is it?
:如果我能的話,當然可以。什麼事?
5.give sb. a hand 幫助某人
A: This is the last favor I need to ask of you. Could you give me a hand?
:這是我最後一飲請您幫我辦事了。能否幫忙?
B: Go ahead.
:直說吧。
6.give sb. a hard time 讓某人難堪
A: Please, don't give me a hard time.
:求求了,請別讓我難堪。
B: Wellas long as you keep your promise. That's the best I can do.
:只要你能遵守諾言就行。這是我所能給你的最大寬限。
7.honor n. 榮譽,榮幸
A: May I have the honor of speaking with you?
:我能否有幸與您談一會兒?
B: Um... it depends.
:哦,那得看是什麼事。
8.if you please
A: Be a dear and fix it, if you please.
:請幫忙修理一下,好嗎?
B: All right.
:好的。
9.oblige v. 施恩惠於
A: Can you oblige me with a little blue ink?
:借給我一點藍墨水好嗎?
B: I'm sorry, but I don't have any myself.
:對不起,我自己也沒有了。
10.obliged a. 感激的
A: I would be much obliged if you could help me out.
:若你能幫助我,我會非常感激的。
B: Then how about a detailed talk at 2 o'clock this afternoon? I'll give you a feedback then.
:那麼今天下午二點鐘我們再詳談一次怎麼樣?到時我會給你消息的。
11.regard v. 認為,把……看作
A: I'll regard it as a favor if you could help me sort it out.
:若能幫我解決這件事情,我將不勝感激。
B: I'll be delighted to.
:樂意效勞。
12.spare v. 出讓,讓給
A: Could you spare some matches, please?
:請給我些火柴,好嗎?
B: Sure. Here you are.
:好的,給。

没有评论:

发表评论